Sunday, August 31, 2008
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I was tagged by my friend, Brooke for this game. Six random things about me. Here are the rules: Link to the person who tagged you, mention the rules, tell six quirky, yet boring unspectacular things about yourself, tag six other bloggers by linking to them, and then go to each person's blog and leave a comment letting them know they've been tagged.
1. I love vacuuming!!! Nothing makes me happier than nice fluffy lines in a freshly vacuumed carpet. I would vacuum everyday if it was convenient!
2. I never forget a face. I may not remember the name, but I always recognize people I've seen before in person or on TV.
3. When I was younger, I had MAJOR issues with clothing. It all started in kindergarten. I had to have the perfect outfit for every occasion and would throw a fit if I couldn't wear what I wanted. In elementary school, I would pick out outfits for a week at a time, rubberband the hangers of each part of the outfit together in my closet, and label it with the day of the week I would be wearing it. RIDICULOUS!!! My sister has never let me live that down.
4. I drive like a major grandma!!! Especially at night. I can't see. There are glares everywhere. I drive slow. It drives Kevin crazy! I really am in control though.
5. I'll follow up #4 with something else that my sister has never let me live down.... When I first turned 16, I was driving my Chevy truck that my father so lovingly passed on to me. My brother and sister were with me, and we were in a parking lot that had speed bumps. If I drive like a grandma now, you can only imagine how I drove when I first got my driver's license. Well, I was driving so slow that I rolled halfway up the speed bump and back down the same side. I didn't even make it over.
6. I LOVE REALITY TV!!! I might be the biggest reality tv junky out there. Name the show, I watch it. It's ridiculous!!!
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 5:42 PM
I found the neatest website where you can see what your yearbook pictures would've looked like in different years. It is quite scary how realistic some of them look. So fun!!!
Kevin in '88
Kevin in '90
Kevin in '92
Kevin in '94
Kevin in '96
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 2:01 PM
Sunday, August 24, 2008
Friday night we took Campbell to her first concert. Dave Matthews Band was playing at an outdoor amphitheater in Chula Vista so we decided to go for it, and take the little munchkin with us. Since it was an outdoor concert and our seats were on the lawn in the very back of the amphitheater, we hoped it wouldn't be too loud. We put cotton in her little ears to help muffle the sound, and she slept the entire time. She's such a trooper!!!
The venue where the concert was held.
Cameras weren't allowed inside so these pictures are from the parking lot.
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 9:35 PM
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
I cannot believe that little Miss Campbell Avery has been in our lives for one month. It seems like she's been with us forever. She has already changed so much. I just love everything about her. I could stare at her forever.
***In honor of her one month birthday, I've come up with my top 10 favorite things about Miss Campbell !!!!!!!***
(These are listed in no particular order :)
10. She really tries to be a big girl and hold her head up on her own. For the few seconds that she can keep her head from wobbling, it looks like she's really proud of herself and feels like a big girl.
9. I just love it after she's had a bath and her hair is all wet and we wrap her up in a towel and cuddle her.
8. Even though I don't enjoy being woken up in the middle of the night, I just love how her little face looks up at me when I get her out of her bed to feed her.
7. Hungry face! That's what Kevin and I call the face she makes when she's hungry. Imagine a little piglet: mouth open, head turning to the side, snorting.
6. Squishy face! When she's sitting in her Boppy or her swing, sometimes her neck disappears, her head squishes down, and her cheeks go out. Too cute!
5. When she falls alseep with her little head resting on my shoulder.
4. If she gets startled, she throws both of her arms in the air. It could be a sneeze, a door being shut, or something on the TV, but it cracks us up every time.
3. We have one of those mirrors that hangs over the back of the seat in front of her carseat so we can see her reflection in the rear view mirror, and it makes her face look really big and really round. I just love looking back and seeing this big head, sweet as can be, not knowing what to think about everything.
2. When I put her pacifier in front of her face to put it in her mouth, she gets really excited and shakes her head back and forth like a little animal that hasn't had a meal for days.
1. When she crosses her little hands in front of her body when she sleeps. It looks like we posed her that way, but she just always does it on her own.
So this post is very cheesy and over the top I know, but this is what motherhood has done to me. Of course there are a million more things I love about Campbell, and I could go on forever but I'll spare you all.
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 5:39 PM
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 2:39 PM
Saturday, August 9, 2008
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 9:46 PM
Kevin and his friend Sam have been trying out surfing and boogie boarding lately so we decided to join them for a day at the beach. Campbell was no where near the water, but I couldn't resist putting her bikini on her. We stayed in the shade under an umbrella where there was a nice cool breeze!!!
The hat was a little too big.
She sported her cover-up once we left the house.
Nice view of Kevin. :)
She slept in her carseat the entire time except for about 20 minutes when she needed some lunch!!!
Posted by Lindsay Spriggs at 9:33 PM