Monday, November 17, 2008

Our sweet friends, Sam and AJ, were so kind to offer to babysit Campbell for us so Kevin and I could have a night out without the baby. We were so excited to take them up on their offer and figured it would be no problem at all since Campbell goes to sleep so early. They were looking forward to being able to play with her for a little while before she went to bed so I was going to have her take a late nap so she could be up a little later than usual. Well... who decided she wasn't going to nap all day and be a Little Miss Grumpy Pants? That would me Miss Campbell herself. It was almost like she sensed something was up so she did not want me to leave her sight all day long. She fought sleep all day so come 5:30 when Sam and AJ were going to arrive at our house, she was falling asleep in my arms. I rushed to give her an early bath and get that out of the way and quickly made a bottle to feed her before she fell asleep. Since I knew some fun playtime with Sam and AJ was out the window, I figured they could attempt to feed her. She would have NONE of that AT ALL. All she did was stare at me and cry while sweet AJ tried to feed her. Needless to say, I fed her her bottle and she fell asleep after swallowing the last drip. The only consolation to not being able to play with her at all was being able to hold her for a little while as she slept peacefully before putting her in her crib. After being in her crib for a few minutes, Campbell felt she needed to show off her set of lungs one last time before the night was over. Poor Sam and AJ were able to calm her down and get her back to sleep after just a short time. They were so so thoughtful to babysit for us and didn't complain one bit. Hopefully it will be a better experience next time!



1 comments:

Brooke said...

That sounds familiar. Anytime we have plans, it seems like Kennedi senses it and decided to do the opposite of what I would like her to do. She just loves you so much and she will go through stages of wanting you all the time also. She loves her mama.